The Apple MacBook Air “Core i5″ 1.6 11” (Mid-2011/Thunderbolt) features a 32-nm “Sandy Bridge” 1.6 GHz Intel “Core i5” processor (2467M) with two independent processor “cores” on a single chip, a 3 MB shared level 3 cache, 2 GB or 4 GB of onboard 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (which cannot be upgraded after purchase), 64 GB or 128 GB of flash storage, and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics processor with either 256 MB or 384 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with system memory.
This all is packed in a razor thin (0.11-0.68 inch), 2.3 pound, aluminum case with an integrated “FaceTime” video camera, a backlit full-size keyboard (the function keys are smaller, however) and an 11.6″ widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix “glossy” display (1366×768 native resolution).
Connectivity includes 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual USB 2.0 ports and analog audio out as well as a new “Thunderbolt” port that is backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort and likewise supports an external display at 2560×1600 and passes an audio signal as well. Thunderbolt also supports other peripherals that use the Thunderbolt standard which provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.
Family: MacBook Air
Display Size: 11 Inches (Midi)
Display Resolution: 1366 x 768
Graphics: Advanced Intel HD Graphics 3000
Processor: Intel Core i5– Dual Core
Memory: 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
Weight: 1.08 KG
- High-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, and 1280 by 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720 and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
Processor and Memory
Powered by a dual-core Intel Core i5 processor and DDR3 memory.
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Core i7 with 4MB shared L3 cache, only at the Apple Online Store.
- 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 onboard memory
Advanced Intel HD Graphics 3000.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- 64GB flash storage
Size and Weight
Ultrathin and ultralight unibody aluminum construction.
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)
Video Support and Camera
Built-in FaceTime camera.
- FaceTime camera
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Connections and Expansion
USB 2.0, Thunderbolt, headphone port, MagSafe power port, SD card slot (13-inch model).
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt port
Latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies.
802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;5 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Battery and Power
Advanced lithium-polymer battery with MagSafe power adapter
- Up to 5 hours wireless web
- Built-in 35-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery; 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe power port
Stereo speakers, microphone, and headphone.
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet